You just ate. You’re not hungry. And then you catch a whiff of charcoal grilling, all fired up with smoky goodness, and suddenly you’re starving! That why we have a long-time love affair with best charcoal grilling despite the fact there are easier and quicker ways to cook
When purchasing a device like a charcoal grill, you may be tempted to just pick any model. Charcoal grilling is more of an art than a science. There are no conveniently hot spots or even consistent set temperatures to go by, you need to wing it all the way and go by feel through most of the cooking process.
This makes charcoal grilling easy to fail at, producing food that is closer in consistency to the fuel used to cook it than anything edible, but also rewarding and delicious when you get it right. That’s why we’ve done the article to find the best charcoal barbecue grill you can buy.
Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
- 1 TOP BEST CHARCOAL GRILL
- 1.1 1.Best charcoal Grill – Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
- 1.2 2.Best Charcoal Grill – Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker, Black
- 1.3 3.Best Charcoal Grill – Broil King 911470 Keg 5000 Kamado Grill, 18.5-IN Diameter, Metallic Charcoal
- 1.4 4. Weber 15502001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
- 1.5 5.Best Charcoal Grill – IG Charcoal BBQ Grill
- 1.6 6.Best Charcoal Grill – CASUSGRILL Instant Biodegradable Grill
- 2 How to choose charcoal grills?
- 3 Conclusion
TOP BEST CHARCOAL GRILL
1.Best charcoal Grill – Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
Weber Original Kettle 22-inch charcoal grill has a round design. Because this design has been around for decades with no significant changes. The circular shape works so well because it creates a convection heating system. The grill is available in three sizes — 18, 22, and 26 inches in diameter — so you can pick the perfect size for your needs. The 22-inch model offers 363 square inches of grilling space, which is ideal. Its ultra-durable, porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat.
The Weber Original Kettle is easy to move from location to location, as it has two wheels and one peg leg in its tripod design.
- Classic round design works great for distributing heat, strong price point, easy to clean ash, works well for all types of grilling, large grilling space, optional rotisserie kit available
- Not meant as a portable grill, other units are better at smoking
2.Best Charcoal Grill – Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker, Black
If you want to relive your college days, The Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Kooker charcoal grill looks a bit like a beer keg. Char-Griller based this grill’s design on the Kamado cooking technique, which originated in Japan roughly 3,000 years ago.
The Char-Griller Kamado grill has 314 square inches of primary cooking space with another 133 square inches on a warming rack (447 square inches of cooking space in total) so this charcoal grill is a nice option for those who need to grill a lot of meat for parties. Its tripod design has two wheels with a third peg leg for stability. The Char-Griller Akorn features a powder-coated exterior finish, porcelain-coated steel interior finish. Bottom damper to control airflow for precise temperature control
- Versatile grill for both smoking and grilling, a cool-looking design, retains heat over the long term, large cooking space, reasonable price point versus similarly designed grills
- Long-term construction is questionable, doesn’t work for indirect grilling.
3.Best Charcoal Grill – Broil King 911470 Keg 5000 Kamado Grill, 18.5-IN Diameter, Metallic Charcoal
The keg-shaped design for a grilling device has been a popular option for centuries. This design shape has made its way to the top of the list of modern charcoal grills. With a classic Kamado-style design, the Keg 5000 is designed to retain heat and moisture ensuring delicious and flavorful food every time. Unlike most Kamado-style grills that are made from ceramic.
A total of 480 square inches of cooking surface available with the Broil King Keg 5000. Some 280 square inches are in the primary cooking grate and 200 square inches are in the secondary cooking grate. with its insulated steel design, cast iron top damper, aluminum lower damper, and heavy-duty gasket, the Keg uses up to 2X less charcoal than a typical charcoal grill/smoker, so you can spend more on food and less on fuel.
- Holds heat inside efficiently, insulation keeps the exterior cool to the touch, use less charcoal than other grills because of efficient design, mounts to a trailer hitch for towing, the large grilling surface
- Even though high price points, but this unit is a good value versus some other keg-shaped designs. Maintaining consistent smoking temperature can be tricky
4. Weber 15502001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
Big grills are a bit difficult to take with you for tailgating or camping, so we’d recommend the Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill as the best portable charcoal grill option, This rugged, charcoal hibachi-style grill is perfect for picnics, tailgating, and car camping or patio. The Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill measures only 19 by 10.25 by 8.25 inches. The Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill does a good job of retaining its heat, thanks to its cast-iron construction. MADE IN THE USA
- Low price point, easy to take grill on trips, charcoal heats up quickly, cooking surface height is adjustable, nice looking design, easy to spread charcoal efficiently
- Small cooking surface, difficult to clean, some users report cracking of the unit
5.Best Charcoal Grill – IG Charcoal BBQ Grill
The IG Charcoal Barbecue Grill is so large (Dimensions: 18″ W x 61.5″ L x 36″ H. Weight: 71lb), it offers a bigger workspace than circular grills, which is great for larger cuts of food, and, of course, parties. You can keep charcoal grill outside, uncovered in the wind, rain, ice, snow, and briny air. It is extremely easy to clean, and as mentioned above, uniquely weather-resistant. If you’ve got the space, and the intent on grilling and keeping one grill for as long as possible, this is the best pick for most anyone looking for a durable, long-lasting charcoal grill.
- Stainless steel, sturdy, weather-resistant, easy to assemble, adjustable charcoal bed
- Pricy, no cover, side tables can’t bear too much weight.
6.Best Charcoal Grill – CASUSGRILL Instant Biodegradable Grill
CasusGrill Instant Biodegradable Grill is small, sturdy, easy to use, and costs little (if any) more than a bag of charcoal. This 100% natural one-time-use grill is great for any occasion from sporting events, hiking, a day at the beach, hunting and fishing trips. It is made from eco-friendly and biodegradable materials that consist of Lavastone thermal insulation to retain the high heat, Bamboo Charcoal Briquettes with quick Oxylite, all-natural bamboo grill grate, and biodegradable FSC cardboard.
- Affordable, tidy, easy to set up, sturdy, eco-friendly, and an interesting conversation piece
- Coals only stay hot for 60-80 minutes (though there’s still time to slow-cook something light afterward, especially s’ mores).
There are many ways to classify charcoal grills into different categories, mostly based on usage and space. Therefore, when choosing a charcoal grill, you need to pay attention to the following:
- Purpose of use.
- Should buy charcoal grill electric or battery.
- Origin of the product.
- The diameter of the grill.
- The thickness of the baking tray
- Replacement parts
A charcoal grill is a metal/ceramic container that can hold burning charcoal in the bottom. You’ll place the food you want to be cooked on a metal grate in the center of the container, above the charcoal. This is the cooking surface. Closing the metal container’s lid when cooking will hold in the heat. The direct heat from the charcoal sears the bottom of the food, while the indirect heat circulating throughout the grill cooks the food. Leave the lid off the grill if you only want to use direct heat.
On cold winter days, the demand for charcoal grills is skyrocketing, but the market has a lot of models to choose from, perhaps with this article, we can choose a stove It’s good to a charcoal grill, wish you a smart choice.
If you want to know more, click here: Enjoyutah.org
# Best Selling Charcoal Grills & Kit: